It’s not the luck o’ the Irish that will get you good credit. If you are one of the many people across Georgia who have been turned down because of your credit, you’re not alone. Fixing a poor credit score is not easy and takes years to build. We know a couple of good tips that will help get you on your way:
- Create a schedule: Know when your bills are due and write them out each month on a calendar that you keep on your fridge, or add them into your preferred online calendar so you’ll get an alert. Either way, don’t forget to pay!
- Know how much you need to pay: One trick to make sure you always have money in the bank is to map out when bills are due, but also when you get paid. This way you’ll know how much money from each paycheck you need in order to pay your bills on time.
- Create a budget: Once you know when you need to pay your bills and how much money you’ll need to set aside for these bills, you can start building out a budget. First, budget your bills, then what you have left should go toward necessities like groceries. Don’t forget to add some cash to your savings!
- Know your credit score: Everyone is entitled to know their credit score. Check out Credit Karma, com or Quizzle for your free report. Know your score before signing up for a loan, and be informed.
- Practice, practice, practice: This is the hardest step. Being disciplined and sticking to the schedule and budget you’ve laid out is the hardest part. At the end of the day, it’s on you to start building good credit and establishing a record of paying your bills on time. Why not make today the day you get back on track?
With a little luck and some planning, you can be on our way to financial freedom. Call us today at 1-800-639-3325 and see how 1800NewDeal can help you!